Another blog by Boh Tong the ex- SIA cabin crew: Prawn mee day

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Prawn mee day



This prawn mee at Kovan Station hawker center perpetually has a long queue of customers. I was curios and joined the queue this morning. It took 20 minutes before I got my number 4 pork ribs prawn mee ($5). I was a bit disappointed because I thought it must have been fantastically yummy judging by the long queue of customers. Won't say it wasn't nice but not worth the waiting/queuing time.


Not satisfied with the prawn mee at Kovan, we went to Serangoon Central for another prawn mee in the evening. This one is only $3.50 and a little better than the one at Kovan. Besides, there was no queue and the hawker served us instead of the "self-service" type at Kovan.

2 comments:

BookLover said...

This stall owner is Ah Hui. Sometimes, he cooked. If he is actually cooking, the queue will be much longer. He does go quite often according to him. He is an old neighbour and I was quite surprised he recognised me even though he has not seen me for more than 30 years. Balestier was where he moved to from Thomson when the foodcourt was closed.

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

You are right BL, it's known as Ah Hui Prawn Mee from Long House at Thomson Road.Thanks for commenting.