Another blog by Boh Tong the ex- SIA cabin crew: Mee Rebus Set and a chat at Toast Box

Monday, March 27, 2017

Mee Rebus Set and a chat at Toast Box


I was at Toast Box and ordered the Mee Rebus set. It was quite pricey at $7.30c. The Mee was not as soft as I expected but the gravy and coffee O was as good as before.
I knew the cleaner Ah San who at one time was working at a coffee shop nearby. We chatted for a while. San is 65 years old but his movement was quite slow. He told me he would be quitting end of the year. He is a cancer survivor.
As San and I was chatting ( the place was quite deserted), another fellow, a customer, joined in our conversation. He told us he was 75 years old and he looked fit and trimmed. When asked what was he working in his younger days, he replied he was a fisherman. His fitness was due to the hard he had to endure as a fisherman, he told us.
The food, atmosphere and people at Toast Box was nice. I enjoyed every bit of my time there this afternoon.

1 comment:

Li said...

I like laksa but not the mi tai ma. I prefer rice noodles but they only put mi tai ma.