Another blog by Boh Tong the ex- SIA cabin crew: My childhood neighbours Ali and Fatimah

Monday, November 21, 2016

My childhood neighbours Ali and Fatimah



It was a big relief when Uncle Lim  and family moved out. The next tenants were Abang Ali and Fatimah. This Malay couple was in their forties without children. They were nice and friendly.
My late grandma and I became quite close to Abang and his wife. They would invite us over to their house for tea and chat with us. They were always at home as they were unemployed.
The best thing I liked about them was when they organized card games. They would invite a few more neighbours and we would spend the night playing card games. I really enjoyed my time with this couple. It wasn't just the card games only but the fun, jokes and laughter we had together.
After a few years, Abang and Fatimah moved out to another place. The whole neighbourhood missed them dearly.

No comments: