Another blog by Boh Tong the ex- SIA cabin crew: Marine Parade Char Kway Teow

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Marine Parade Char Kway Teow





We were at the Marine Parade vicinity this afternoon and decided to try the so called famous char kway teow there. The stall is at the Marine Parade hawker center. It is called the "Apollo Fresh Cockle Fried Kway Teow". Many has said that the food was good. I agree with them but that was perhaps 10 years ago. Now the kway teow is just ordinary with plenty of garlic. We will definitely avoid this char kway teow again. I read one review where the hawker assistant wanted to pick a fight with his customer.. more here

2 comments:

BookLover said...

I agree with you. I went there when you first recommended and it was good. Last year, I tried it again and the standards and taste have dropped. So it is no longer on my Approved Hawker List.

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

Maybe the food is cooked by a new char kway teow chef.