Another blog by Boh Tong the ex- SIA cabin crew: Passengers who were good to us especially me ..part 1

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Passengers who were good to us especially me ..part 1

Besides the late Tan Sri Eric Chia and a few others whom I have mentioned in my other blog, I would be doing injustice to some others who were nice to us especially me if I do not mention about them.

Uncle Robin from Indonesia:

Robin often travelled Business Class with us. He was about 10 years my senior. He was a businessman and a generous one too.
I had served Robin a few times before we became friends. He told me he wanted to apply for PR in Singapore because he felt it was a safe place to live with his family.
I was invited once to have dinner with him in Melbourne. It was many years ago. I was night stopping in Melbourne then. Robin brought me to an exclusive Chinese restaurant in Mel China Town. On entering the restaurant, I noticed that Robin was a well known customer and a likable one too. All the waitresses and waiters welcomed him with opened arms, addressing him amicably as "Uncle Robin". After dinner, Uncle Robin tipped the staff generously. I was truly impressed.
I have lost contact with Robin but I hope he reads this blog.

Denis from Adelaide:

He was flying in the economy from Singapore to Melbourne. He asked for permission to visit his business partner in the first class cabin for a short while.
I agreed and he and his partner were very please with us.
On arrival at Mel, Denis and his partner invited me and my crew to a party in the latter's cabin cruiser (the next evening). We accepted the invitation and had a lovely time at the party. There were half dozen sexy blondies clad in bikinis serving us booze and seafood on the boat.

A few months later, when I was in Sydney, Denis invited me and my set of crew to a Chinese dinner. Denis drove a mini bus to the hotel and picked about a dozen of us. He gave us a nice dinner treat.

I've also lost contact with Denis and his partner. I hope all is well with them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning Mr BT, Sorry to bother you, Would it be possible for me to know if as of 2015 latest SIA interview process, whether they check height during Kebaya Round as well besides the round 2 height check and medical? Thank you in advance for your response Mr BT and Have a wonderful day :)

Boh Tong aka Luke Tan said...

They won't check your height at the kebaya round unless they suspect you are below the required minimum height.
Hope you are above the required minimum height.
Thanks.